Cell worked with BMA to develop new design concepts and scopes of work for an ageing 2000TPH stacker system. Designs were to account for the whole machine being refurbished with some key changes being:
- DC drives replaced with AC VVVF drive
- System tracking upgrades utilising transponder, encoders and radar systems
- Siemens PLC upgrade with Beckoff distributed IO
- Throughput increased with the use of VVVF systems
- Control cable reeler replaced with fibre optic built into the power cable
Cell completed the entire designs from design basis, functional specifications through to detailed design drawings, scopes of work and equipment specification.